Wednesday 23 April 2014

Lace panel dress...


This unusual French dress, hand made from lace curtain panels, tablecloth edging, and lace border dyed blue/grey ( no, not by me...) has found its way recently to the cloth shed emporium.



Three layers to the skirt, with a side free edge for extra movement.


Wide 3/4 length sleeves and cotton lace panel detail to the cuffs.


The reverse has a loose tie belt

 

The label has a 60's /70's look to it...with the name..

Eugenie Phung
Nuances et creations sur tissus anciens

( Shades and designs on old fabrics )


A romantic, floaty, vintage dress for the right person...

£38 plus p and p

Julie x

PS I know Jane from My Gorgeous Angel Pie would approve and appreciate the detail!




11 comments:

  1. What a beaut! How can you bear to part with it... says she who just this morning is having a clear out ready for a car boot! 'This will be the last!' I say to Ted, who replies 'Maybe as a seller, not as a buyer though!' He knows me just too well.

    LLX

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are right Julie, it is a beauty and I love, love it! Why are you parting with it, it is a stunner!!! What size is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT SIZE IS IT, PLEASE??? And where was it yesterday???

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be a size 12/14 the bust measures 36ins and a generous 30ins under bust/waist
    50ins from nape to hem
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I'm a definite 14 - but maybe it will be around at New College next Bank Holiday...

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful wedding dress this would be..oh for a smaller bust, I would love to have floated round in this treasure.
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress !! smiles Cass x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so beautiful, I can see myself in it but unfortunately it won't fit! Oh to dream! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh just GORGEOUS Julie!!
    You are clever.......finding such a lovely dress
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Julie, not sure it would be my cup of tea, but interesting none the less. Have a happy bank holiday monday, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete