Thursday 29 March 2012

Pre-Easter treat.....





A pre-Easter treat for me....a gorgeous hare cushion, bought from a local decorative antique shop in Brampton, Cumbria. Owned by the lovely Carol.... Moat Antiques ( the painted building ) used to be a garage slap bang on what used to be the main route from Carlisle to Newcastle before the town was by- passed many years ago.



Full of painted and traditional furniture mixed with useful decorative pieces....







Whitewashed walls and the most fabulous flagstone floor provide a great setting for her tasteful arrangement of interesting stock.


Meanwhile, I have been a little busy preparing for four Fairs coming up over the Easter period.

So....taking advantage of this lovely sunshine, I have painted, sanded and polished... and have now amassed a good collection of stock for the next week or so.


A compact kitchen table and chairs collection painted in Charleston Gray over Off White (F and B of course)

Ideal for a small kitchen....


A versatile, pine side table with drawer painted in Downpipe....would be good as a side table, dressing table or even a desk.
The stool is painted in the last little bit of Annie Sloan French Linen...looks like I am going to have to order some more.


An octagonal mirror painted and distressed in F and B French Gray...


Two framed pieces of the last of my French toile.....


A decorative frame, a lamp to re-wire and three Laura Ashley paisley style cushions with tassels....


Another Georgian country chair....


And my favourite find of the week...


A wonderfully heavy, Victorian frame with a sepia photograph of a distinguished bearded gentleman.
Love him!

Hope you are all taking advantage of this lovely weather..... enjoy your Easter break x

Bye for now,
Julie x

14 comments:

  1. Hope the fairs go well for you. I love what you are taking along, such a lovely mixture of goodies and they all tone well so your stall will look great. Happy Easter when it comes!
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely,

    Your new cushion caught my eye immediately. I love hare/rabbit cushions.

    I'm wondering if pre-pre Easter treats are allowed? Or if it's too early for pre-pre-pre-pre-pre Christmas?!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My, you've been busy Julie,
    and what a great job done! Those things will FLY off the stand I'm sure.
    The antique shop looks lovely; I love the space and the way the items have breathing room.
    Good luck with the fairs and a very Happy Easter to you.
    Joasia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Easter bunnies! Love them!!!

    Warmest greetings from the Perigord,
    karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the painted furniture And sharp contrasting pillow of the Spring Hares... Have a great weekend at the fairs..Hugs X

    ReplyDelete
  6. funnily enough, as I was standing in the garden wasting time and watching the chickens (and sipping a MUG of tea!!!) I thought to myself "I bet people up and down the country are painting furniture in the garden..."
    Then I got my bod in gear and followed suit...chairs..frames..bookshelves..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to the Wednesday Catterick Fair - we're saving our petrol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super hare cushion.....much more vibrant than the endless parade of 'easter bunnies'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I stumbled across your blog during a google search for Kate Forman fabrics! So glad I did, because your blog is gorgeous - I'll be back for more - once my fabric crises is sorted out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!
    Lovely pictures and I really like the bearded gentleman!
    Take care and best wishes for a nice sunday!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what lovely things and my all time favourite French Gray and vintage toile. You have certainly been busy painting and your furniture lloks great. I particularly like the side table. I still haven't tried the annie Sloan paints yet.
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness Julie you have been really busy. Lets hope you sell out at your Easter Fair.Your cushion is gorgeous, I know you like your Hare's, as do I. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful! I have just discovered your lovely blog and am now following...♥♥
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with the pillow case that is brown with the rabbits. It's so cute.

    -Zane

    ReplyDelete