Monday 12 July 2010

Blue Monday.....

  Blue things on my blue bench ....




The last few days have seen me busy making cushions and fabric pictures from floppy Hungarian grain sacks and blue toile.....






 Collecting blue and white china to mix in with the cushions and pictures for my next Fair......


I love this little early 19th century dish......


It has been riveted on the reverse......a common re-cycling method  usually undertaken by travellling gypsies. Valued china was often repaired this way and today people collect riveted china just for the clever fixings....visible on the reverse but difficult to see on the front.


  Finally, continuing my blue theme..... this is my lovely, vintage French cot .....I bought it from a French lady at Swinderby Antique Fair, Lincolnshire last year and is very much here to stay!
It has the original blue/grey paint with wrought iron heart shape sides, and either side can fold  in to create a daybed / sofa.....


The striped "mattress" is a Ralph Lauren blue ticking duvet cover from TK Maxx with an old feather duvet inside....works a treat....and the cushions I made from Cabbages and Roses linen fabric......


Have a good week.....
Julie x

9 comments:

  1. Lovely Julie, especially love the Toile de Jouy pictures and cushions. I love blue and white.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya- just landed on your blog and I'm hooked!
    so SO love the things you're making- oh to be so creative.

    I used to collect riveted china and display it on the riveted side...perhaps a little strange I know...but its such a wonderful way to repair.

    Kindest wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue Toile fabrics are beautiful! Nothing beats a good Toile!!
    Tamzin X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie, you've been very busy. I love all your blue and white goodies. I love old blue and white china and whenever I see an old plate I love I buy it to use. I have a very eclectic dinner set. Your cushions and little bag are gorgeous. I wouldn't know what to choose first from your stand.
    Nickyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue and white, my very favorite they are bright, clear and restful all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, gosh just loving all the blue amnd white, so so french. I didnt know about the riveteted china, nice to learn some thig new. I want your day bed !! love it. you do have great taste. best wishes,linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely mix of fabric and china. You have reminded me that I have a length of similar fabric, but in a sort of terracotta colourway .... new cushions, perhaps!
    regards, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. We must be living parallel lives Julie .... I collect blue & white especially the scenic transferware and flow blue .... I love your toile makes and the day bed. Still kicking myself for missing out on one at an auction earlier this year!

    ReplyDelete