Sunday 18 July 2010

RE..tail therapy.....





RE is a wonderful shop tucked away down a side alley behind Bishop's Garage, Corbridge, Northumberland.
Packed full of the quirky, decorative and useful things that a girl really has to have.....

Every time I go in, there is something new.....a garden department with old tools and Harris tweed jackets hanging on hooks, a huge, glazed cabinet full of  pressed glass cake stands, a kitchen department with tables groaning with new and vintage kitchenalia, cushions, haberdashery....spooky, strange things......the list is endless!



 A few weeks ago I had a girls day out to Corbridge with the gorgeous Helen from Busy Bee Studio 
 to visit RE....

Naturally, we made the most of our day......coffee and scones...shopping...more shopping...tea and cake...
do you get the picture?



Having consumed our required calorie intake in a nice little coffee shop in the market place, we made our way to RE......

 Naturally we found some "must have" items.....and I had to have this Swedish style crown hook......


For my  American sock stretcher with painted top and ankle detail......


 Which now hangs above the bath in our bathroom......


RE is well worth a visit if you are in the area and I guarantee you won't come out empty handed.....



Jenny and Simon the owners are incredibly creative..... constantly on the look out for new ideas...  RE-vamping, RE-cycling and...... REally, REally nice people too.....

Julie x

4 comments:

  1. That's on the list of places to visit next time we are in Corbridge! I would have loved to have joined you and Helen - we have been 'blogfriends' for a while and finally met earlier in the year when I went to one of her open days. I looked out my toile de juoy fabric - and it isn't terracotta but brown (the weird thing is my husband thought it was terracotta too!) I got it really cheap because it had dirty marks - I washed it yesterday and they have all washed out - now I just need to make the cushions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Course . . . you had to get your hook up first and it looks GORGEOUS!! My candle sconce is sill waiting for it's moment of glory . . . . AKA . . .I haven't decided where to put it yet!!
    Love Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. all looks fab...and those SCONES!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great day out. Those scones certainly look yummy.... Great buys!
    Nickyx

    ReplyDelete