Friday 19 November 2010

Inspirational magazine.....


The Christmas Vie a la Campagne magazine that I bought last week at the Airport in Paris is a joy.....having been very disappointed with my Country Living magazine this month this one has more than made up for it.














Page after page of this beautiful  house in Sweden....22 pages to be exact....with clever ideas for festive decorations.
It is like flicking through a Jeanne D'Arc magazine....


A rustic farm in France oozing with character.
Filled with wonderful textures.....slubby linen......wood....metal 
My kind of place....






 This beautiful farm belongs to the owner of a fabulous boutique called Atelier des Ours .
I hadn't heard of them until I visited Linda from Vintage Heart.....she has had them on her sidebar for a long time.
They do the most gorgeous floaty clothes.....so romantic!

Take a look....they have just done a post on the magazine article too....

Julie x

P.S Thank you all for your lovely comments.....I really do appreciate your kind words x

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful magazine and very inspirational. It has given me an idea of what to do with two antique stone urns I have in my dining room...I am going to plant them up with hyacinth bulbs and moss for Christmas like the one in the third picture down. Thanks for sharing Julie...are the Macaroons all gone yet?
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I wish I could buy a copy....might have to pop over to France to get one! I shall visit the links you have suggested too to look at more. I know what you mean about our magazines. Sometimes they just are so disappointing and the Christmas editions all look a bit samey too. Have a lovely weekend.
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to live in a clean, white house ... isn't it beautiful. But then I've got a big black labrador with big black paws ... so I don't think it would be very wise. You can always dream though!
    Love Kathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what I see from here! Oh to be in an airport in Paris!
    Thank you for telling me where those socks were :) Too expensive but Toast is wonderful to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks a great edition! We went to Normandy at the end of the summer and I bought loads of those mags. The French newsagents do a good deal where they put 3 or 4 old copies together and sell them cheaply - I bought quite a few packs!! I got a great Marie Claire Idees one with lovely home craft ideas in it. They're so much more stylish than most of the English mags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that magazine looks covetable - I could lose myself in those beautiful images and muted colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I am keeping my money in my pockets at the moment as the mags are not very inspirational, I haven't bought "Coast" for months now!
    I love the wood & metal interior.
    T X
    I have just seen the pic of your Landy, Tom would LOVE it, he is desperate for one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos - I love looking at houses with beautiful white decor, but I wouldn't want to live in one!! My SIL gave me a plie of Christmas edition magazines - I got halfway through the 2nd one and gave up - there are only so many place settings you can look at before your brain goes into meltdown!!

    ReplyDelete